Some years ago when I began to work towards changing a house (dwelling) into a Home (a place of refuge from "the world"), I soon worked out it could become a very complicated matter if you allowed it.......... or, if you began trying to keep up with somebody else! Our home has never and will never be a "show home". I strive to manage an air of "simplicity", and warmth, - a return to times when things appeared to be much simpler. Thus began the journey of learning so many "new" skills. New skills take time and energy and I found I needed Gods guidance to work out how "Wisdom" ever managed to build that house into a home for her husband, herself and her family! What developed was what I refer to as "The 7 Pillars"..........They form the basis of my home, and have flowed into how I manage my "Homestead Binder".
Want to know what they are???
1. Gods Word - The Foundation and building blocks for me. What is the foundation of your home? (Family/ God/ Beliefs/Life Goals)
2. Simplicity - Don't make it too hard! Freedom from complication, Good Stewardship (Frugality / Finances/ Projects / Streamline)
3. Ordered - Routines, organization within the home to make it work for everyone who lives there; Time management, Menus, Seasons, plans.
|From the Vegie Garden|
5. Cleanliness - Springcleaning; Ways of living; House; Body
6. Humility - Understanding our own insignificance and being able to acknowledge our own faults and shortcomings!
7. Love - Gift Giving; Voluntary Projects; Projects on the Go; Snail Mail for friends and Pen pals, Birthdays.
I hope to have your company along the way as we strive together to turn our houses into homes!