"Wisdom has built her House, she has hewn out her Seven Pillars" Proverbs 9:1
I look forward to having you come join me as we work to turn our houses into homes.

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mothers Day

Do hope everyone had a lovely Mothers Day today!  First off this morning, I enjoyed a phone call from my son who lives the other end of the country followed by a relaxing morning,  and our dog Scruffy (along with hubbie) presenting me with a Daphne and packets of seeds.  
Once I had the daphne potted up, and working out a good spot outside the cabin,  Pete decided it was time to start using all those pavers we've had sitting in piles...........

 Thankfully it wasn't long before our daughter Stacey and her long time boyfriend arrived with afternoon tea, and our mother/daughter tradition of chrysanthemums. 

 John took over helping Pete with the paving, and our eldest son started work on the gutterings around the house that were causing a few issues in the downpour yesterday.
I'm so happy with how it is turning out........ still a few more bits to finish off, but looking good. 
 
 


 I'm planning to have a little gathering of friends over on Saturday afternoon  since it seems appropriate to celebrate the cabins completion, together with my birthday by having  an afternoon of cake, craft and chatter lol. 

Hugs Sharm

1 comment:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Looks like a good day Sharm.....great paving....and celebrations, enjoy..