"Wisdom has built her House, she has hewn out her Seven Pillars" Proverbs 9:1
I look forward to having you come join me as we work to turn our houses into homes.

Sunday, December 22, 2013

Simplify My Home Challenge and Dishcloth Swap

First of all, I want to wish you all a very Merry Christmas!!   However,  2014, is just around the
corner....... after all its Christmas in just a couple of days and the New Year is only a week afterwards........ so I'm already beginning to think of ways to get my home more organised, 

simplified, user friendly and enjoyable, all at the same time.  A house should always be a home.... one that you enjoy being in, and one where you can easily get the mundane jobs done quickly to allow time for the fun activities :)  So  I'm looking to set  myself a challenge to get my home in order in a manner that allows me to also have other areas of my life organised..... does that make sense??  For instance, its useful to me to have all the lunches and snacks sorted into small containers ready for the week........ but not if I have to hunt through all my cupboards to find the right size and the right lid!!!   .  I think it would be even more fun to have others come and join in with me in this challenge (and have a few swaps along the way even??)  It's a challenge that will last the year through in order to arrive right at this point next year!   And since there will be quite a bit of cleaning, sorting and rearranging going on, maybe we should start off with a dishcloth swap.  If you would like to join in, then add your name and blog in the comments under this post,  then take a copy of the little pic and add it to your sidebar with a link back to here, so you can easily keep track of where we are up to with our challenge.  I will be working out how to do the linky thingy so that we can all visit one another to see how things are going.  The dishcloth swap will form part of the challenge, but is not mandatory to taking part in the challenge,  and is open to  everyone around the world.  You will need to have 3 homemade dishcloths ready to post out by the  31st Jan, and maybe a nice coffee, tea or chocolate etc to go with them.
Closing date for the dishcloth swap will be the 20th January, the challenge continues all year (2014 that is lol).  Don't forget if you are taking part in the challenge copy my pic onto your sidebar and help spread the word.
Hugs Sharm

3 comments:

Sharm said...

Thanks Janet for contacting me! I have your name noted to take part. Anyone else without a blog wishing to take part in the dishcloth swap just leave a message with your email address or contact me through the Facebook page.

Jewells said...

Yes please...I will join..will email you now.

janet said...

Thank-you, Sharm!! Looking forward to this. I am thinking my cabinets in the kitchen could use some de-cluttering and organizing! Going to start my dishcloths tonight!!